What We Do
VoteRiders is making sure that no eligible citizen is denied his or her right to vote for lack of ID.
VoteRiders focuses on states with government-issued voter ID laws or that require documentary proof of citizenship to register to vote. Our current priority state is Wisconsin, and we are also supporting efforts in AL, AZ, FL, GA, IN, KS, MS, NC, ND, NH, RI, SC, TN, TX, and VA.
In Wisconsin, VoteRiders is bringing education and assistance to voters as well as reaching out to and recruiting on-the-ground Partner Organizations. VoteRiders works with organizations, leaders and relevant governmental agencies to help voters to obtain the documents required for their voter ID. Wisconsin’s new voter ID law is challenging and confusing on many levels.
VoteRiders inspires and supports local organizations, volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts. Our Partner Organizations are crucial to the work we do; their community connections and volunteer programs multiply and sustain our impact across the country.
What Can You Do?
- You can help by signing the Pledge to Take a Friend to the DMV - to get their voter ID! NOW is the time to reach out to your family, friends and neighbors to help them get the documents they need for their voter IDs.
- Help Spread the Word about VoteRiders and voter ID requirements in your state.
- If you or your loved ones need information or assistance obtaining an ID to vote, please call our toll-free helpline, 844-338-8743.
- VoteRiders reaches out through traditional and social media to highlight the latest voter ID news and activities and to inspire individuals to obtain their voter ID or help others obtain voter IDs through its Action Campaigns such as Voter ID Clinics and Pledge. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed.
- VoteRiders extends its media outreach to national as well as local TV, radio and newspaper outlets in targeted states, cities and communities.
Donations are 100% tax deductible.
- VoteRiders is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our tax identification number is 45-5081831.
Our national headquarters is located at:
171 Pier Avenue #313
Santa Monica, CA 90405