VoteRiders Partner Organizations
Partner Organizations support VoteRiders' mission and actively collaborate with us to accomplish it.
Some of the ways VoteRiders collaborates with Partners and other organizations:
- Educating and advising voters and other stakeholders about voter ID laws.
- Providing voter ID experts to answer questions and provide assistance in securing ID to vote via our national toll-free Voter ID Helpline (844-338-8743), our website, and email@example.com.
- For low-income voters: reimbursing the cost of any documents required to obtain a voter ID such as a certified copy of the voter’s birth certificate, name-change court order, etc., replacement driver’s license if necessary; and helping to arrange transportation to the local government office to secure their voter ID or any required documents.
- Providing free voter ID education materials online, including our Voter ID Info Cards and Voter ID Guides e.g. for voter registration and GOTV drives.
- Trainings for organizations and volunteers on how to obtain voter ID and required supporting documents.
- Working with pro bono lawyers (e.g., Association of Pro Bono Counsel) and government officials’ staff to help voters secure necessary documents.
- Training canvassers for door-to-door and phone-bank voter registration and Get Out the Vote (GOTV) drives.
- Tabling at community events and presentations to organizations.
- Facilitating local Voter ID Coalitions, including providing and supporting a locally-based VoteRiders Coordinator to organize outreach and activities.
- Organizing Voter ID Coalitions, Voter ID Clinics and other community events, e.g., Voter ID Month, Week, etc.
If you would like more details about becoming a Partner Organization, please contact us.
- League of Women Voters of Texas: encourages informed and active participation in government
- Legacy Community Health Services: a full-service, Federally Qualified Health Center for under-served Houstonians
- Mi Familia Vota Education Fund: promotes civic engagement in the Latino community
- Operation ID: helps under-served Houstonians to obtain a photo ID and/or birth certificate
- Student Government Association, University of Houston: works to improve and enhance the quality of the student experience
- Texas Civil Rights Project works to eliminate systemic barriers which exclude millions of people from the ballot box.
- Texas Freedom Network Education Fund: supports research and education on social policy issues
- Texans Together Education Fund: works across the Greater Houston Area to empower leaders in communities and promote civic engagement
Texas Collaborating Organizations
- Chinese Community Center
- Common Cause Texas
- Dallas Voter ID Coalition
- Harris County AFL-CIO
- Holy Name Catholic Church
- Houston Food Bank
- Houston Housing Authority
- Houston Peace and Justice Center
- League of Women Voters Houston
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County [Houston METRO]
- National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials [NALEO]
- Neighborhood Centers Inc.
- SEARCH Houston
- S.H.A.P.E. Community Center
- Star of Hope
- St. John's United Methodist Church - Downtown
- St. Patrick's Catholic Church
- Texas Campaign for the Environment
- Texas Organizing Project Education Fund
- Texas Southern University
- Wheeler Avenue Baptist Church