Voter ID for Absentee Ballots
ID requirements for absentee ballots are set by each state and can be less stringent than ID requirements when voting in person. See below for details on absentee ballot eligibility and what ID, if any, is needed to vote absentee.
Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
- Any registered Ohio voter can vote absentee.
What Types of ID are required to apply for Absentee Voting?
Driver’s license number or last 4 digits of Social Security number.
If voter CANNOT provide a driver’s license number or SSN, then must provide one of the following:
- Any current and valid photo ID with voter’s name
- Military ID with voter’s name
- Current utility bill with voter’s name and Ohio address
- Bank statement with voter’s name and Ohio address
- Paycheck with voter’s name and Ohio address
- Government check with voter’s name and Ohio address
- Other government document other than voter registration notification with voter’s name and Ohio address