Voter ID for Absentee Ballots
ID requirements for absentee ballots are set by each state and can be less stringent than ID requirements when voting in person. See below for details on absentee ballot eligibility and what ID, if any, is needed to vote absentee.
Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
- Any registered Utah voter can vote absentee.
What types of ID are required to apply for Absentee Voting?
ID NOT required if voter has voted in Utah before.
First-time voters who did not provide photo ID or proof of residency at time of voter registration must provide ONE of the following:
- Utah driver’s license
- Utah State ID
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
TWO of the following:
- Current utility bill with voter’s name and Utah address
- Bank statement with voter’s name and Utah address
- Paycheck with voter’s name and Utah address
- Government check with voter’s name and Utah address