Voter ID Info Cards
See your state below for updated information on what IDs are accepted to vote - and a printable wallet-sized voter ID information card.
- Tarjetas de info de ID del votantes en español (Spanish language versions)
- We will print and ship cards FOR FREE to nonprofit organizations in any state - order HERE.
- Make a tax-deductible donation towards making resources like these freely available.
- Please check back for updates if there are changes to your state's voter ID law due to court rulings or other developments.
Iowa Voter ID will not be required until January 1, 2018. However, here is a list of minor changes that will be in place as of July 1, 2017:
If you've moved within your county and updated your voter registration records including on Election Day, you can vote a regular ballot.
If you've moved within your county and not (a) updated your voter registration records nor (b) provided required documents (proof of residence* and valid ID) at your precinct’s polling place, you can (1) cast a provisional ballot and (2) bring these required documents to the absentee board or county auditors office before the absentee board completes counting absentee and provisional ballots (usually the Monday or Tuesday after Election Day, depending on which type of election).
Voters who register and vote on Election Day at polling places that do not have electronic pollbooks will cast provisional ballots. These voters do not have to return to the auditor’s office with additional documentation after they cast their ballots.
*Voters who register and vote on Election Day must show proof of residency that is current within 45 days. Acceptable forms include a current lease, utility bill, etc.
FEDERAL IDS FOR FIRST TIME VOTERS
Voter registration requires in this order:
- Current driver’s license number, OR
- Last 4 digits of social security number, OR
- State-assigned unique number
If haven’t provided above and vote in person, show a current:
- Photo ID, OR
- Copy of utility bill, bank statement, paycheck or government document including check*
If haven’t provided above and vote by mail, provide a copy of current:
- Photo ID, OR
- Utility bill, bank statement, paycheck or government document including check*
* shows voter’s name and address
If you have questions, please call VoteRiders’ toll-free Voter ID Hotline: 844-338-8743
More Info: Iowa Secretary of State