Voter ID Info Cards
See your state below for updated information on what IDs are accepted to vote - and a printable wallet-sized voter ID information card.
- Tarjetas de info de ID del votantes en español (Spanish language versions)
- We will print and ship cards FOR FREE to nonprofit organizations in any state - order HERE.
- Make a tax-deductible donation towards making resources like these freely available.
- Please check back for updates if there are changes to your state's voter ID law due to court rulings or other developments.
Concise guide to voter ID rules in Texas as of February 2018. For questions or help obtaining TX ID to vote, call VoteRiders’ toll-free Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.
Texas' voter ID law is under review by federal courts. Check back for updates!
Cast a regular ballot if you present:
Photo ID (current or expired up to 4 years, though it can be expired more than 4 years if you are 70 years or older):
- TX driver’s license
- TX Election ID Certificate
- TX Personal ID Card
- Handgun License
- Military ID Card
- US Passport Book or Card
- US Citizenship Certificate*
If you do not have one of the above, then show:
- Voter registration certificate, or
- Certified birth certificate, or
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or government document including check** or
- Any other government document showing the voter's name and an address (e.g. an out-of-state license, a government employee ID, etc.)
Complete and sign "Reasonable Impediment Declaration" - an election officer is not permitted to question the reasonableness of your impediment to getting an ID.
* Citizenship Cert. does not expire
** with voter's name and ANY address
Free Printable: TX Voter ID Info wallet card