Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Must meet ONE of the following:
- Individual is "unavoidably" absent from the polling site on Election Day
- Individual is physically unable or too ill to reach the polling place
- Individual is a member of U.S. Armed Forces or Merchant Marines (or Spouse/Dependent family member)
- U.S. citizen whose permanent residence is in Arkansas but who is temporarily living outside the United States
What Types of ID are required to apply for Absentee Voting?
Include a copy of ID with absentee ballot application that:
- Shows the name of voter;
- Shows photo of voter;
- Is issued by US, State of AR, or accredited postsecondary educational institution in AR; AND
- If displays expiration date, is not expired or expired no more than 4 years before date of election
The following persons shall not be required to submit ID with his or her absentee ballot documentation:
- An active duty member of the uniformed services of the United States or United States Merchant Marine who is absent from the country on election day because of his or her service;
- The spouse or dependent of such active duty member who is absent from the country on election day because of the service of the member; or
- A resident of a long-term care or residential care facility licensed by the state of Arkansas, who must provide documentation from the administrator of the facility attesting that the person is a resident of the facility.