Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Any registered Kansas voter can vote absentee.
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
Photo ID, such as:
- Driver’s license or non-driver’s ID issued by any state;
- Kansas or any state concealed handgun license;
- US Passport;
- Government employee ID badge;
- Military ID;
- Student ID from any Kansas accredited educational institution;
- Government-issued public assistance ID card
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on the vote-by-mail ballot must match the voter registration signature.
If you registered to vote by mail and are voting by absentee ballot in your first federal election, you must enclose a copy of your photo ID or document bearing your name and residence address in the envelope with your voted ballot.
last update: March 18, 2020