Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Eligibility is based on the following:
- Voter is advanced in age, disabled or ill
- Military personnel, their Dependents, or Overseas Citizens
- Temporarily residing out of state but still eligible to vote in Kentucky
- A student who temporarily resides outside the county
- Incarcerated but not yet convicted of a crime
- Employed outside of the county all hours the polling place is open
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
No additional identification is needed.
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on the vote-by-mail ballot must match the voter registration signature.
If you registered to vote by mail and are voting by absentee ballot in your first federal election, you must enclose a copy of your photo ID or document bearing your name and residence address in the envelope with your voted ballot.
last update: March 18, 2020