Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Must meet one of the following:
- Will be absent from your voting jurisdiction on Election Day
- Incapacitated or confined due to illness or physical disability, or have primary responsibility of caring for an incapacitated or confined person
- Restricted by religious belief or practice
- Employed by an election authority
- Incarcerated but have retained all voting qualifications
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
Yes, voters must submit their request with one of the following:
- ID issued by state of Missouri, agency of the state or local elections authority of the state;
- Government ID;
- ID issued by institution of higher education w/in state of Missouri;
- Current utility bill, bank statement, gov’t check, pay check or other gov’t document with name and address of voter;
- ID approved by the Secretary of State of Missouri.
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on the vote-by-mail ballot must match the voter registration signature.
If you registered to vote by mail and are voting by absentee ballot in your first federal election, you must enclose a copy of your photo ID or document bearing your name and residence address in the envelope with your voted ballot.
last update: March 18, 2020