Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Any registered Nebraskan voter can apply if they are:
- Not able to go to the polls due to their work or vacation schedule, or
- Not able to go to the polls due to a medical condition or hospitalization, or
- Temporarily out of the county, state or country
- Not wishing to travel to the polls
- Not wishing to leave their homes
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
No additional identification is required.
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on the vote-by-mail ballot must match the voter registration signature.
If you registered to vote by mail and are voting by absentee ballot in your first federal election, you must enclose a copy of your photo ID or document bearing your name and residence address in the envelope with your voted ballot.
last update: March 18, 2020