Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Any registered voter may request to vote by mail.
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
Voters can use one of the following:
- A current and valid Nevada driver's license
- A current and valid identification card issued by the Department
- A current and valid ID card issued by a branch of the Armed Forces of the United States
- A current and valid ID card issued by a sheriff of a Nevada county to an employee as a condition of employment by certain business enterprises
- A current and valid ID card issued by an agency of the State of Nevada or political subdivision thereof or the United States, including, without limitation, a public school, college or university
- A current and valid student ID card from an accredited private school, college or university
- A current and valid US passport
- A current and valid insurance plan ID card which the county clerk determines, in his or her discretion, to be a reliable indication of the true name and identity of the person
- A current and valid tribal ID card
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on the vote-by-mail ballot must match the voter registration signature.
If you registered to vote by mail and are voting by absentee ballot in your first federal election, you must enclose a copy of your photo ID or document bearing your name and residence address in the envelope with your voted ballot.
last update: March 18, 2020