Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
Must meet one of the following:
- Voter will be absent on the day of any state election from the county, city, or town in which voter is registered to vote
- Voter has a religious commitment on Election Day
- Voter is physically disabled
- Voter is in the military
- Employment obligation does not allow voter to go to the polls
- Voter is in transit to or from work from the time the polls open until after the time the polls close
What Types of ID are required to apply for Absentee Voting?
First-time NH voters who did not present ID at the time of voter registration must present ONE of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Any Photo ID with the voter’s name
- Current utility bill with voter’s name and NH address
- Bank statement with voter’s name and NH address
- Paycheck with voter’s name and NH address
- Government check with voter’s name and NH address