Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
- Persons who will be on vacation outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Members of the Uniformed Services, American Red Cross, or Merchant Marine, and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Persons who, for reasons of employment, will not be able to vote on Election Day
- Physically disabled persons
- Persons sixty-five years of age or older
- Persons serving as a juror in state or federal court on Election Day
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on day of election or within a four-day period before the election
- Persons with a death or funeral in the family within three days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Certified poll watchers, poll managers, and county election officials working on Election Day
- Missing Overseas Voters
- Students attending higher education outside of their county
- Government employees who are residing outside their county and their spouses/dependents
What Types of ID are required to apply for Absentee Voting?
No additional ID required for registered South Carolina voters.
First-time South Carolina voters who did not present ID at the time of voter registration must present ONE of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Any photo ID with the voter’s name
- Current utility bill with voter’s name and South Carolina address
- Bank statement with voter’s name and South Carolina address
- Paycheck with voter’s name and South Carolina address
- Government check with voter’s name and South Carolina address