Who is eligible for Absentee Voting?
- Any registered Wisconsin voter can vote absentee.
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
YES. You will need to provide a copy of your acceptable photo ID with your absentee ballot request.
Voters who are indefinitely confined, meaning they have a difficult time getting to the polls due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability, may request that a ballot be automatically sent to them for each election. Indefinitely confined voters do not need to provide a photo ID with their absentee ballot request.
Acceptable photo ID
- WI driver’s license*
- WI state ID card*
- US military ID card*
- US Passport*
- Veterans Affairs Card – Unexpired or no expiration date
- WI tribal ID card – Can be current or expired
- Certificate of Naturalization – Issued within 2 years of voting
- WI-Accredited College ID with signature – Expires within 2 years of issuance date. MUST bring proof of enrollment.
- DMV receipt: ID Petition Process
*OK if expired after Nov. 6, 2018
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No. Be sure to sign the ballot envelope and have it witnessed following instructions.
last update: March 18, 2020