VoteRiders is looking for community organizers who are passionate about ensuring that every vote counts!
We are committed to diversity among our staff. VoteRiders is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on our mission and program needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected basis. VoteRiders will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
We hope you will respond to - or refer others to - any applicable job openings. We encourage you to check this page regularly, as new positions are posted here first.
Current Job Openings
Digital Media Manager
VoteRiders, a seven-year-old 501(c)(3) national nonpartisan nonprofit, is the first and leading organization focused solely on voter ID. Our goal is to make sure voters have a valid ID if required - and the confidence that they do or that none is required. We accomplish this primarily through Voter ID Coalitions comprised of partner organizations, especially in voter ID states with highly competitive races.
Increasing awareness of voter ID laws and VoteRiders’ services is crucial to our success. We are seeking a highly motivated and versatile Digital Media Manager, who will bring a creative and passionate approach to this effort.
- Create and curate engaging content for, and assist in managing, VoteRiders’ website and social media channels
- Research additional social media opportunities
- Track, summarize, and share daily voter ID-related news
- Post news articles and events to website
- Maintain VoteRiders’ website
- Create VoteRiders Blog posts
- Produce video content
- Other VoteRiders duties such as researching state voter ID laws, updating VoteRiders Voter ID Information Cards, assisting with creating and revising Voter ID Guides
- Other duties as assigned
- Impeccable writing, editing, and research skills
- Strong digital image and video design and editing skills
- Experience managing corporate, non-profit, or campaign social media accounts
- Experience maintaining and updating websites (WordPress skills preferred)
- Highly self-motivated and -directed
- Strong affinity for voting rights, networking and building strategic relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, resourcefully solve problems and follow through with minimum direct supervision
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven responsiveness and team player
• Law degree preferred
About the Organization
VoteRiders is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure that all citizens are able to exercise their right to vote. VoteRiders informs and helps citizens to secure their voter ID, underlying documents and proof-of-citizenship if required as well as inspires and supports organizations, local volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts.
Compensation and Location
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications, will be offered.
This is a remote position. The Digital Media Manager can be located anywhere in the continental United States.
VoteRiders’ Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
VoteRiders is committed to diversity among its staff. VoteRiders is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions at VoteRiders are based on our mission and program needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected basis. VoteRiders will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to info@VoteRiders.org. Include in the subject line: your last name and Digital Media Manager. Posted February 7, 2019 - applications will be accepted until the position is filled.