VoteRiders is looking for people who are passionate about ensuring that every vote counts!
We are committed to diversity among our staff. VoteRiders is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on our mission and program needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or any other legally protected basis. VoteRiders will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
We hope you will respond to - or refer others to - any applicable job openings. We encourage you to check this page regularly, as new positions are posted here first.
Current Job Openings
VoteRiders Georgia Voter ID Coalition Coordinator
The Georgia Voter ID Coalition Coordinator will serve as VoteRiders’ Georgia-based liaison and be in charge of implementing our Georgia state program.
Our Georgia state program will include:
- The distribution of our wallet-sized Voter ID Information Cards
- Direct Voter Contact Partnerships with organizations interacting with voters in the field
- The promotion of VoteRiders voter ID tools, including our voter ID chatbot and Voter ID Helpline
- Recruiting and training of volunteers
- Voter ID training for partner organization staff and volunteers
- Outreach at community events and wherever at-risk voters are located
- Individual voter assistance – including, when needed, costs for required underlying documents and transportation
- Be an expert in Georgia’s voter ID law
- Identify and establish partnerships with grassroots and other organizations to facilitate voter ID outreach and assistance
- Identify, educate, and help voters in need of voter ID assistance
- Document stories, visually and otherwise, of at-risk voters, including the steps taken to obtain an acceptable ID
- Recruit and retain volunteers
- Conduct trainings for partner organization staff and volunteers
- Maintain Georgia voter ID database
- Secure local and statewide media coverage
- Lives in Atlanta metro area
- Two years’ experience in grassroots organizing in Georgia
- Existing relationships with Georgia pro-democracy organizations preferred
- Highly self-motivated and -directed
- Strong communications skills and highly responsive
- Strong affinity for voting rights, networking and building strategic relationships
- Experience with or willing to learn digital storytelling methods
- Experience and ability to work with diverse and at-risk communities
- Demonstrated ability to manage details, resourcefully solve problems and follow through with minimum direct supervision
- Access to a computer and Internet
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with VAN preferred
- Access to vehicle and auto insurance; has a driver’s license; willing to travel intrastate
About the Organization
VoteRiders is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to ensure that all citizens are able to exercise their right to vote. VoteRiders informs and helps citizens to secure their ID to vote as well as inspires and supports organizations, local volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts, including to secure required underlying documents.
VoteRiders’ full-time Georgia Voter ID Coalition Coordinator will be paid $5,000/month.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and contact information as well as current or former working relationships for three references to info@VoteRiders.org. Include in the subject line: your last name and Georgia Voter ID Coalition Coordinator. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.