When you apply for an absentee ballot in Arkansas, you need to provide an excuse.
To be eligible: You must be a registered voter and unable to go to your polling place for an acceptable reason.
For the November 3 General Election: Concern over contracting COVID-19 will be accepted as an excuse for voting absentee. Voters should choose the following excuse when requesting their absentee ballot: “You will be unavoidably absent from your polling site on Election Day.”
Other acceptable reasons:
- You will be “unavoidably” absent from the polling site on Election Day
- You will be physically unable or too ill to attend the polling place
- You are a member of Uniformed Services or Merchant Marines (or Spouse/Dependent family member) and away due to active duty or service
- You are residing in a long-term care or residential facility licensed by the state
- You are a United States citizen whose permanent residence is in Arkansas but who is temporarily living outside the country