You may request an absentee ballot if you are:
- Absent from your county on Election Day
- Absent from New York City on Election Day (NYC residents only)
- Unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability
- “Temporary Illness or Physical Disability” may include the risk potential of contracting or spreading COVID-19
- Primary caregiver of one or more individuals who are ill or have a physical disability.
- A resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony