To be eligible to vote absentee, you must meet one of the following:
- You will be absent from your county or, if a resident of New York City absent from the city, on Election Day.
- You will be unable to appear at the polls due to temporary or permanent illness or disability
- You are the primary caregiver of one or more who are ill or have a physical disability.
- You are a resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- You are detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony.
- Temporary Illness or Physical Disability
DUE TO COVID-19: Risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19 will be accepted as an excuse for voting absentee in the 2020 General Election.