You may register to vote and cast a ballot on the same day during any early voting period at an Early Voting Center, or at your local polling place but only on Election Day.
You must show proof of residence, which may include one of the following:
- A copy of a current government-issued photo identification
- A utility bill for water, gas, electricity, cable, internet, telephone, or cellular phone service*
- A savings, checking, credit, or money market account statement from a bank or credit union*
- A paycheck, stub, or earning statement that includes the employer’s name, address, and telephone number*
- A government-issued document or check from a federal or District agency, other than the Board of Elections*
- A current residential lease or rental agreement
- An occupancy statement from a District homeless shelter*
- A tuition or housing bill from a District of Columbia college or university issued for the current academic or housing term.
*issued no earlier than 90 days before the election