Registered Alabama voters need to show unexpired photo ID at the polls to vote. If an eligible voter doesn’t have a valid ID and is positively identified by 2 election officials, they can so state in a sworn affidavit so such voter can vote a regular ballot.
VoteRiders provides information and free, expert assistance to help you with voter ID. We can help with renewing your expired ID, obtaining the documents needed to secure your ID, and covering the cost of getting to and from ID-issuing offices. Call or text VoteRiders’ Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.
GUIDE TO ALABAMA VOTER ID RULES
Unexpired Photo ID at the polls:
- AL Driver's license or Nondriver ID (unexpired or expired less than 60 days)
- State-Issued ID (AL or any other state)
- AL Voter ID card
- Federal-government issued ID including US Passport
- Employee ID issued by US government or any entity of AL
- Student or employee ID from AL post-high school institution
- Student or employee ID from state institution of higher learning in any other state
- Military ID
- Tribal ID