COVID-19 Advisory: On May 20, 2020, Governor Lamont issued an executive order extending absentee voting eligibility to any registered voter in the August 11, 2020, primary if there is no "federally approved and widely available vaccine for prevention of COVID-19" at the time he or she requests an absentee ballot.
Who is eligible to request an absentee ballot and vote by mail?
- Voter is in active service in U.S. Armed Forces
- Absence from town during all voting hours
- Voter is ill
- Religious tenets forbid secular activity on the day of the election, primary or referendum
- Voter has duties as a primary, election or referendum official at a polling place other than their own during all voting hours
- Voter has a physical disability
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
No. Unless you are a first-time voter – see Voter Registration section above.
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
Last update: May 5, 2020