Registered Delaware voters will be asked to show an acceptable ID at the polls to vote. Voters without ID can sign an affidavit and vote a regular ballot.
VoteRiders provides free, expert assistance to help you with voter ID questions including how to renew your expired ID and how to obtain necessary documents needed to secure your ID, such as birth and marriage certificates. Call or text VoteRiders’ Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.
GUIDE TO VOTER ID RULES IN DELAWARE
ID may include one of the following:
• DE Driver’s License or State ID
• U. S. Passport
• Signed Polling Place* or Social Security Card
• Signed vehicle registration
• Signed credit card with photo
• A similar document that identifies the person by photo or signature
* If your Polling Place Card is not current, you must show proof of address
If none of above IDs, sign affidavit of affirmation that you are the person listed on election district record
FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR FIRST TIME VOTERS
First-time voters, including those who have not voted in a previous Federal election or who have never voted in their county of residence in a Federal election, must present documentation proving their identity in order to complete their voter registration. This is required under the federal Help America Vote Act, enacted in 2002.