KANSAS Voter ID Information

Curious about voter ID in Kansas? VoteRiders can help! We are experts in helping eligible voters obtain valid ID for voting. It can be confusing to keep up with changes to Kansas's voter registration and ID requirements, so we provide updated resources and free assistance to help you with voter ID questions including how to replace your expired ID cards, how to obtain the documents needed to secure your ID, and how to correct errors in your birth certificate. For questions or help obtaining KS ID to vote, call VoteRiders’ Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.

Concise guide to voter ID rules in Kansas.

Photo ID (current though needn’t have expiration date; voters age 65 or older: ok if ID is expired):
  • Driver's license or state ID card*
  • Concealed handgun license*
  • US passport
  • Employee ID**
  • Military ID issued by the US
  • Student ID card issued by accredited higher-education institution in KS
  • Public assistance ID card**
  • Tribal ID

* issued by any state or district of the US

** issued by municipal, county, state, or federal government office