COVID-19 Advisory: Governor Sununu has announced that the State will allow voters to cast mail-in ballots in the November general election if the coronavirus is still a factor this fall and the voters feel more comfortable voting absentee because of the outbreak.
Who is eligible to request an absentee ballot and vote by mail?
Must meet one of the following:
- Voter will be absent on the day of any state election from the county, city, or town in which voter is registered to vote
- Voter has a religious commitment on Election Day
- Voter has a physical disability
- Voter is in the military
- Employment obligation (including the care of children and infirm adults, with or without compensation) does not allow voter to go to the polls
- Voter is in transit to or from work from the time the polls open until after the time the polls close
- Voter is an emergency worker called into service
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
No. Unless you are a first-time voter – see Voter Registration section above.
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on your mail ballot must match your voter registration signature.
Last update: April 15, 2020