Concise guide to voter ID rules in New Hampshire.
For questions or help obtaining NH ID to vote, call VoteRiders’ toll-free Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.
PHOTO ID - expiration or issuance date not to exceed 5 years#:
- Driver's license from any state or federal government
- Non-driver’s ID card issued by any state
- US armed services ID or passcard
- US passport or passcard
- Student ID issued by listed institutions in NH (postsecondary schools; requires date of issuance)
- Any other photo ID considered legitimate
# If age 65 or older, ok if ID is expired.
Any voter who does not present an approved photo ID, or have their identity verified by an election official, will be permitted to vote after executing a challenged voter affidavit.
If someone moves to a new New Hampshire address within 30 days of voting, he or she must present proof of intent to stay in New Hampshire to the town clerk. Here are the state's new residency requirements and the requirements to obtain a NH driver’s license or state ID. If the voter does not present this proof, he or she may be investigated, including a home visit by election officials.