North Dakota voters must show ID at the polls to vote.
VoteRiders provides information and free, expert assistance to help you with voter ID. We can help with renewing your expired ID, obtaining the documents needed to secure your ID, and covering the cost of getting to and from ID-issuing offices. Call or text VoteRiders’ Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.
GUIDE TO VOTER ID RULES IN NORTH DAKOTA
Voting in-person requires a North Dakota:
- Current driver’s license or non-driver's ID card
- Tribal government-issued ID
- Long-term care certificate (provided by ND facility)
Identification must include the voter's:
- Current residential address (not a PO Box)
- Date of birth
In addition to your ID, you can supplement any missing or outdated voter info with:
- Current utility bill
- Current bank statement
- Document or check issued by a federal, state, or local government