Who is eligible to request an absentee ballot and vote by mail?
Any registered Ohio voter can vote absentee. No excuse is necessary.
Do you need to submit ID with your absentee ballot request?
Voters must provide a Driver’s license number or the last 4 digits of Social Security Number.
If a voter CANNOT provide a driver’s license number or SSN, then they must provide a copy of one of the following:
- Any current and valid photo ID with voter’s name
- Military ID with voter’s name
- Utility bill with voter’s name and Ohio address *
- Bank statement with voter’s name and Ohio address *
- Paycheck with voter’s name and Ohio address *
- Government documents including check, other than voter registration notification, with voter’s name and current address *
* within the last 12 months
First-time voters may need to submit ID – see Voter Registration section above.
Do you need to submit ID with your ballot?
No, but the signature on your mail ballot must match your voter registration signature.
Last update: April 15, 2020