Registered Ohio voters will be asked to show an acceptable ID at the polls to vote.
Voters without ID can vote a provisional ballot, which will be counted if the board of elections verifies your OH driver’s license or state ID number or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
VoteRiders provides information and free, expert assistance to help you with voter ID. We can help with renewing your expired ID, obtaining the documents needed to secure your ID, and covering the cost of getting to and from ID-issuing offices. Call or text VoteRiders’ Voter ID Helpline: 844-338-8743.
GUIDE TO VOTER ID RULES IN OHIO
Acceptable IDs at the polling place include:
- Unexpired OH driver’s license or state ID card
- Military ID
- Unexpired photo ID issued by US government or State of Ohio with voter’s name and current address
- Utility bill (including cell phone)*
- Bank statement*
- Government check*
- Other government document* - federal, state, local (other than a notice of voter registration mailed by a board of elections)
* original or copy, with the voter’s name and current address and dated within last 12 months
If you do not have any of above IDs, your provisional ballot will count if board of elections verifies your OH driver’s license or state ID number or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number