Registered Wisconsin voters need to show photo ID at the polls. You can vote with DMV's ID Petition Process paper receipt.
VoteRiders provides information and free, expert assistance to help you with voter ID. We can help with renewing your expired ID, obtaining the documents needed to secure your ID, and covering the cost of getting to and from ID-issuing offices. Call VoteRiders’ Wisconsin Voter ID Helpline: 414-882-8622 or toll-free 844-338-8743.
GUIDE TO VOTER ID RULES IN WISCONSIN
ID with name & photo:
- WI driver’s license*
- WI state ID card*
- US military ID card*
- US Passport*
- Veterans Affairs Card – Unexpired or no expiration date
- WI tribal ID card – Can be current or expired
- Certificate of Naturalization – Issued within 2 years of voting
- WI-Accredited College ID with signature – Expires within 2 years of issuance date. MUST bring proof of enrollment.
- DMV receipt: ID Petition Process
*OK if expired after Nov. 6, 2018
LOCAL VOTING RESOURCES
NO! Wisconsin does not accept ID from other states as voter ID.
YES! Wisconsin accepts a photo ID issued by a Wisconsin accredited university, college, or technical college that includes:
The date the card was issued
The signature of the student
An expiration date no later than 2 years after date of issuance
A SEPARATE document that proves enrollment, such as a tuition fee receipt, enrollment verification letter, or class schedule