VoteRiders can help you exercise your democratic right to vote in Wisconsin. We are experts in helping eligible voters obtain valid ID for voting. It can be confusing to understand Wisconsin's voter ID requirements, so we provide updated resources and free assistance to help you with voter ID questions including how to replace your expired ID cards, how to obtain the documents needed to secure your ID, and how to correct errors in your birth certificate. For questions or help obtaining WI ID to vote, call VoteRiders’ local Voter ID Helplines: 414-882-8622 (Milwaukee + statewide) or 608-729-7720 (Madison area).
Concise guide to voter ID rules in Wisconsin.
ID with name & photo:
- WI driver’s license*
- WI state ID card*
- US military ID card*
- US Passport*
- Veterans Affairs Card – Unexpired or no expiration date
- WI tribal ID card – Can be current or expired
- Certificate of Naturalization – Issued within 2 years of voting
- WI-Accredited College ID with signature – Expires within 2 years of issuance date. Bring proof of enrollment.
- DMV receipt: ID Petition Process