2022 VoteRiders Impact Report
Written by: Lauren Kunis
As the country’s leading organization focused on voter ID, VoteRiders saw the need for our nonpartisan voter ID information and help exponentially increase in 2022. But VoteRiders rose to meet the challenges of this moment.
As detailed in our 2022 Impact Report, we supported 7 million voters across the country with the voter ID information and free help they needed to cast a ballot that counted (nearly five times our 2020 reach!). And it made all the difference as we saw the decisive impact that voter ID work can have when achieved at scale.
Here are some of the key numbers:
- 1 million Voter ID Information cards printed and shipped free to our partners
- 800,000 voter contacts by partners with VoteRiders resources included
- 3.7 million text messages sent to voters by VoteRiders volunteers
- 140,000 letters sent to voters by VoteRiders volunteers
The 2022 election cycle was an important one for VoteRiders!
- We celebrated 10 years of service to voters since our founding in 2012 with a National Voter ID Month of Action in April.
- We rolled out new tools for our 1,115 partner organizations via our 2022 Partner Toolkit.
- We went all-in for Pride Month to support the thousands of trans and nonbinary voters who can face challenges to casting a ballot as a result due to onerous voter ID laws.
- We expanded our presence in key states with new and/or expanded staff in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Wisconsin.
- We went overtime in Georgia for the U.S. Senate runoff, focusing on the young voters of color who are hard-hit by the state’s voter ID law.
And this really just scratches the surface. Please take a few minutes to look over our 2022 Impact Report.
As we close the books on 2022, we are filled with gratitude for our dedicated and ever-growing voter, volunteer, donor, and partner community. You inspire us and raise the bar every single day without fail. We simply can’t wait to see what good trouble we’ll get into next.