This is your friendly reminder that Tuesday is Election Day! In several states, voters are choosing their next governor, attorney general, secretary of state, and state legislators. Others are voting for local officials or amendments to their state constitutions.
These elections have BIG implications for issues like election oversight (think: voter ID requirements, voter registration efforts, and management of voter rolls) and how congressional districts will be drawn in 2021.
A lot is on the line and a lot of races will be decided by slim margins. Your voice counts. Make a plan to cast your ballot!
- Our partners at the League of Women Voters created vote411.org to serve as “one-stop-shop” for voter information. You can use the site to check your registration, find polling place times and locations, and get an overview of what’s on the ballot.
- Being prepared for the polls means knowing if you need to bring an ID. Review VoteRiders’ concise guide for your state and make sure you have the identification that is required where you live. You can also print (or save to your phone) a wallet-sized Voter ID Information Card to make sure you can easily access this information if you need it.
Send your family and friends a reminder so their voices are heard at the ballot box. It only takes a minute to send one of our NEW e-cards.
- Kentucky is electing its governor and secretary of state. Send a personalized reminder!
- Louisiana is electing its governor, secretary of state, and state legislators on Saturday, November 16. Early voting is open for all registered voters. Send a personalized reminder!
- Mississippi is electing its governor, attorney general, and state legislators. Send a personalized reminder!
- Texas has 10 constitutional amendments on the ballot. Send a personalized reminder!
- Virginia is electing state legislators. Send a personalized reminder!
- State, local, and special elections are also happening in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Washington. Send a personalized reminder!
VoteRiders is ready to answer voter ID questions and provide free assistance. If you or someone you know needs help: call our Voter ID Helpline 844-338-8743, chat with us on Facebook Messenger, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.