Voter ID in Oklahoma


What is your plan for voting?

Voter ID rules are different based on whether you vote by absentee ballot or in person.



Voting by Absentee Ballot

Any registered Oklahoma voter can choose to use an absentee ballot. You don’t have to give a reason for not voting in person.

Voters with physical disabilities and their caregivers can request a “Physically Incapacitated Absentee Ballot.” This type ballot has special rules and procedures.

Requesting Your Ballot

You can request your absentee ballot online or by mail.

If you are requesting a “Physically Incapacitated Absentee Ballot,” you can request it online or via mail, email, or fax. You can also have a personal representative deliver your application.

Application Info

The name, birth date, and ID number on your application needs to match your voter registration record.

Your ID number should be:

  1. The number on your Oklahoma driver’s license or ID card if you have one.
  2. If you don’t have these IDs, then you should use the last four digits of your Social Security number.

If you’re not sure which ID number you used when you registered to vote, you can give more than one ID number. At least one of them must match what’s in your voter registration if you had an ID number there.

Returning Your Ballot

If you are using a “Physically Incapacitated Absentee Ballot” to vote, your signature must be witnessed by two people. All other absentee ballots need to be notarized.

Oklahoma does not allow you to return your ballot electronically.



Voting in Person

Oklahoma asks you to show an acceptable ID when you vote in person.

You can use one of the following IDs if it’s unexpired (on the day you vote) or valid indefinitely. Your ID must match the name in the precinct registry:

  • A photo ID issued by the United States, the State of Oklahoma, or a federally recognized Native American nation or tribe (must be valid past the election date).
  • A photo ID issued by a branch of the United States armed forces because you’re a member or retired member of that service branch.
  • The free Voter ID Card that your County Election Board sent you when you registered to vote.

If you don’t have an ID, you can vote a provisional ballot and complete a form called an affidavit with identifying information.



Page Updated: August 2023