Kathleen Unger, Founder and President of VoteRiders, says that if you are questioned about your voter ID status but are confident you have valid ID, you may:
- Present a VoteRiders information card, which lists the state ID laws, to the poll worker
- Ask to speak with a supervisor
- Ask if you can sign a sworn statement regarding your eligibility or have someone vouch for your identity
- Call or text the VoteRiders’ Helpline (844-338-8743)
- Ask for a provisional ballot
Also includes state by state information on:
- Do I need to bring identification if I’m not a first-time voter?
- What is valid voter identification in my state?
- What time will polls open and close in my state?
- Where can I find my polling place?
- Does my state use provisional ballots?
- Why might I have to vote a provisional ballot in my state?
- Where can I track the status of my provisional ballot?
- Who is allowed to challenge my eligibility to vote in my state?
READ THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE