Election Protection Coalition
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law is the lead partner of the non-partisan Election Protection Coalition, of which VoteRiders is a partner. It was formed to ensure that all voters have an equal opportunity to participate in the political process, and provides comprehensive voter information and advice on how citizens can make sure their vote is counted.
Election Protection Toll-Free Helplines for issues at the polls:
- 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683), English only, led by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law;
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682), Spanish and English, led by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials Education Fund;
- 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683), in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi, and Bengali, led by APIAVote and Asian Americans Advancing Justice;
- 844-418-1682 (#YallaVote), Arabic and English, led by the Arab American Institute.
VoteRiders’ other national partner organizations
- 18by.vote creates non-partisan campaigns and programs to support teenage voter registration and voting.
- ABCVOTE is a non-partisan group that focuses on expanding student voting by encouraging them to register to vote.
- APIAVote works to increase civic engagement among Asian American and Pacific Islanders.
- AME Church ministers to the social, spiritual, and physical development of all people.
- The American Association of People with Disabilities focuses on increasing the political and economic power of people with disabilities.
- The Association of Pro Bono Counsel is a mission-driven membership organization of over 180 attorneys and practice group managers who run pro bono practices in over 100 of the world’s largest law firms.
- BlackPAC supports a policy agenda that defends Black voters’ rights, promotes dignity, and fosters economic justice in our communities and across the nation.
- Black Voters Matter: Effective voting allows a community to determine its own destiny.
- Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve our systems of democracy and justice. The Center works to hold our political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all.
- Broadway Green Alliance educates, motivates, and inspires the entire theatre community and its patrons to implement environmentally friendlier practices on Broadway and beyond.
- The Center for Popular Democracy works to create equity, opportunity and a dynamic democracy.
- Campaign Legal Center works to improve our democracy and protect the fundamental right of all Americans to participate in the political process. CLC is home to the premier election law experts in the nation and aims to ensure that every American has the right to fully participate in shaping the laws and policies that directly impact their lives.
- Campus Election Engagement Project helps America’s colleges and universities get as many of their 20 million students as possible to register, volunteer in campaigns, educate themselves and turn out at the polls.
- The Center for Common Ground works to empower voters to cooperate with fellow community members to create the change they desire in their lives and neighborhoods.
- Civic Nation works with public and private partners to inspire, educate and activate people around the issues that are important to our country.
Coalition of Human Needs
is an alliance of national organizations that promote public policies to address the needs of low-income and other vulnerable populations
- Common Cause is a nonpartisan grassroots organization dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy. They work to create an open, honest, and accountable government that serves the public interest; promote equal rights, opportunity, and representation for all; and empower all people to make their voices heard in the political process.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority is committed to public service with a primary focus on the Black community.
- Democracy Labs is a hub for ongoing technology and creative innovation that serves progressive campaigns and organizations at the national, state, and local levels.
- Democracy Works helps Americans vote no matter what, by providing the tools, information, and support needed to confidently participate in elections.
- eMgage helps to educate and mobilize the Muslim American community to become a force for positive change and to build the next generation of civic leaders.
- Equal Voice Action focuses on building the voice and power of poor and low-income people.
- Fair Elections Center is a national, nonpartisan voting rights and election reform organization that works to remove barriers to registration and voting for traditionally underrepresented constituencies.
- Fair Fight promotes fair elections in Georgia and around the country, encourages voter participation in elections, and educates voters about elections and their voting rights.
- Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is dedicated to women’s equality, reproductive health, and non-violence.
empowers youth and HBCU students from underserved communities with access and opportunities to pursue sustainable collegiate and career trajectories.
- HeadCount is a non-partisan organization that uses the power of music to register voters and promote participation in democracy.
- Higher Heights is building the political power and leadership of Black women from the voting booth to elected office.
- Hip Hop Caucus organizes 14–40 year-olds who identify with Hip Hop culture and share values of justice, equality, and opportunity. They provide leadership training and real-world civic leadership opportunities for cultural influencers at the grassroots level.
- Independent Sector is the only national membership organization that brings together the charitable community, working together to improve all lives, heal our natural world, and strengthen democratic society.
- Inspire2Vote supports high schools in planning and conducting student peer-to-peer voter registration activities.
- LEAD InterGenerational Solutions inspires knowledge sharing, collective learning, intersectional networking, and personal and community development.
- The League of Women Voters of the United States encourages informed and active participation in government.
- Medline is committed to advancing the health of healthcare.
- Mi Familia Vota is a national civic engagement organization that unites Latino, immigrant, and allied communities to promote social and economic justice through citizenship workshops, voter registration, and voter participation.
- More Than A Vote focuses on your voting game plan.
is a digital platform that helps young people bridge the gap between intending to vote and actually doing it.
- The Movement Cooperative provides data and technology resources that match the needs of progressive organizations.
- MyVote Project provides voters with relevant policy and candidate information on a nonpartisan basis before they enter the voting booth.
- National Alliance to End Homelessness is committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States.
- National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) is dedicated to strengthening civic life in America.
- National Council on Independent Living advances independent living and the rights of people with disabilities.
- National Disability Rights Network provides protection and advocacy for individuals with disabilities.
- The National Urban League is dedicated to economic empowerment, equality, and social justice.
- National Voter Education Week helps voters bridge the gap between registering to vote and actually casting a ballot.
- National Voter Registration Day wants to make sure everyone has the opportunity to vote. On the 4th Tuesday in September of every year, volunteers and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” in a single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts. National Voter Registration Day creates broad awareness of voter registration opportunities and reaches tens of thousands of voters who may not register otherwise.
identifies, engages, and mobilizes people under the age of 35 who are less likely to vote or who are not currently registered to vote.
- Nonprofit VOTE partners with America’s nonprofits to help the people they serve participate and vote.
- Patient Voting is a non-partisan effort to heighten awareness of patients’ rights and increase voter turnout.
- People Demanding Action is helping to evolve a grassroots movement to rebuild American democracy, freedom, peace and justice.
- People For the American Way Foundation was founded in 1981 to promote the values and ideals that sustain a free and diverse society, to safeguard the constitutional principles that undergird American democracy, and to strengthen the public institutions that are charged with making those values and ideals real in the lives of all Americans. Our vision is a vibrantly diverse democratic society in which everyone is treated equally under the law, given the freedom and opportunity to pursue their dreams, and encouraged to participate in our nation’s civic and political life.
- Poder Latinx seeks to ensure that the Latinx community plays a key role in the transformation of our country.
- Public Citizen is a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization that champions the public interest in the halls of power.
- Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world.
- Rideshare2Vote Aware is a nonpartisan nonprofit that focuses on civic engagement and voter turnout by offering free rides to the polls.
- RISE educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations.
- Rock the Vote is the largest nonpartisan, non-profit organization in the United States driving young people to the polls. Fusing pop culture, politics, and technology, Rock the Vote works to mobilize the millennial voting bloc and the youth vote, protect voting rights, and advocate for an electoral process and voting system that works for the 21st-century electorate.
- South Asians for America is a national, grassroots organization dedicated to the education, advocacy, engagement, and mobilization of the South Asian Democratic community.
Students Learn Students Vote
(SLSV) Coalition is the largest nonpartisan network in the U.S. dedicated to increasing college student voter participation.
- Student PIRGs helps students to get organized, mobilized and energized so they can continue to be on the cutting edge of positive change.
- The Civics Center is dedicated to building the foundations of high school civic engagement and to increase youth voter registration and participation through education, research, advocacy, and volunteer organizing.
- The Plain Language Group makes written information easy to understand.
- United We Dream is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country.
- U.S. Vote Foundation and its Overseas Vote initiative offer a comprehensive range of services to help voters navigate today’s complicated landscape of US voting regulations.
- Visit.org connects nonprofit organizations with socially minded companies that want to make a difference.
- VoteAmerica provides access to trusted election information, open platform technology, and education programs.
- Vote.org uses technology to simplify political engagement, increase voter turnout, and strengthen American democracy.
- VotER is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that envisions a more inclusive American democracy that includes patients.
- Voter Participation Center helps Americans register to vote and mobilizes the rising American electorate.
- When We All Vote aims to increase participation in every election.
- We Vote. We Count. provides a digital platform for voters to share their stories of interference with their voting rights at the polls, difficulties registering to vote and other barriers to voting.
- Youth Movement Against Alzheimer’s is committed to changing the perception of Alzheimer’s Disease.
is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
National Collaborating Organizations
- Advancement Project
- Alliance for Youth Action
- America Votes
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Athletes for Impact
- The Civil Rights Center
- Movement Voter Project
- National Voter Corps
- State Voices
- Student Debt Crisis
- Unite Here!
- United Steelworkers International
- Way to Win