Election Protection Coalition
The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law is the lead partner of the non-partisan Election Protection Coalition, of which VoteRiders is a partner.
Election Protection Toll-Free Helplines for issues at the polls:
- 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683), English only, led by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law;
- 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682), Spanish and English, led by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials Education Fund;
- 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683), in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi, and Bengali, led by APIAVote and Asian Americans Advancing Justice;
- 844-418-1682 (#YallaVote), Arabic and English, led by the Arab American Institute.
VoteRiders’ other national partner organizations
- 18by.vote creates non-partisan campaigns and programs to support teenage voter registration and voting.
- ABCVOTE is a non-partisan group that focuses on expanding student voting by encouraging them to register to vote.
- ActiVote empowers all Americans to be active in our democracy by helping voters create the habit of voting.
- ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge empowers colleges and universities to achieve excellence in nonpartisan student democratic engagement.
- All Vote No Play provides simple drills for student athletes to become active, engaged, and confident citizens.
- APIAVote works to increase civic engagement among Asian American and Pacific Islanders.
- AME Church ministers to the social, spiritual, and physical development of all people.
- The American Association of People with Disabilities focuses on increasing the political and economic power of people with disabilities.
- Andrew Goodman Foundation works to make young voices and votes a powerful force in democracy.
- The Association of Pro Bono Counsel is a mission-driven membership organization of over 270 attorneys and practice group managers who run pro bono practices in over 130 of the world’s largest law firms.
- BallotReady believes democracy is built on transparent information and works to enable all constituents to fully participate in civic life.
- Be The Ones equips voters with clear, factual information that will help you confidently elect the local leaders you want to represent you and your community.
- Big Tent USA is a network of pro-democracy voting women across the political spectrum.
- BlackPAC supports a policy agenda that defends Black voters’ rights, promotes dignity, and fosters economic justice in our communities and across the nation.
- Black Voters Matter: Effective voting allows a community to determine its own destiny.
- Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve our systems of democracy and justice.
- Broadway Green Alliance educates, motivates, and inspires the entire theatre community and its patrons to implement environmentally friendlier practices on Broadway and beyond.
- The Center for Popular Democracy works to create equity, opportunity and a dynamic democracy.
- Campaign Legal Center works to improve our democracy and protect the fundamental right of all Americans to participate in the political process.
Campus Vote Project works with universities, community colleges, faculty, students and election officials to reduce barriers to student voting.
- The Center for Common Ground works to empower voters to cooperate with fellow community members to create the change they desire in their lives and neighborhoods.
- Civic Influencers are committed to ensuring young voices and votes matter in our democracy.
- Civic Nation works with public and private partners to inspire, educate and activate people around the issues that are important to our country.
Coalition of Human Needs is an alliance of national organizations that promotes public policies to address the needs of low-income and other vulnerable populations.
- Common Cause is a nonpartisan grassroots organization dedicated to upholding the core values of American democracy.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority is committed to public service with a primary focus on the Black community.
- Democracy Labs is a hub for ongoing technology and creative innovation that serves progressive campaigns and organizations at the national, state, and local levels.
- Democracy Works helps Americans vote no matter what, by providing the tools, information, and support needed to confidently participate in elections.
- eMgage helps to educate and mobilize the Muslim American community to become a force for positive change and to build the next generation of civic leaders.
- Equal Voice Action focuses on building the voice and power of poor and low-income people.
- Fair Elections Center is a national, nonpartisan voting rights and election reform organization that works to remove barriers to registration and voting for traditionally underrepresented constituencies.
- Fair Fight promotes fair elections in Georgia and around the country, encourages voter participation in elections, and educates voters about elections and their voting rights.
- Feel Good Action uses motivational media to inspire positive social change.
- Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) is dedicated to women’s equality, reproductive health, and non-violence.
- Goodwill Industries helps people improve their lives by assisting individuals to find a job and grow their careers.
HBCU Heroes empowers youth and HBCU students from underserved communities with access and opportunities to pursue sustainable collegiate and career trajectories.
- HeadCount is a non-partisan organization that uses the power of music to register voters and promote participation in democracy.
- Higher Heights is building the political power and leadership of Black women from the voting booth to elected office.
- Hip Hop Caucus organizes 14–40 year-olds who identify with Hip Hop culture and share values of justice, equality, and opportunity.
- Independent Sector is the only national membership organization that brings together the charitable community, working together to improve all lives, heal our natural world, and strengthen democratic society.
- Inspire2Vote supports high schools in planning and conducting student peer-to-peer voter registration activities.
- LEAD InterGenerational Solutions inspires knowledge sharing, collective learning, intersectional networking, and personal and community development.
- The League of Women Voters of the United States encourages informed and active participation in government.
- Medline is committed to advancing the health of healthcare.
- Mi Familia Vota is a national civic engagement organization that unites Latino, immigrant, and allied communities to promote social and economic justice.
- More Than A Vote focuses on your voting game plan.
motivote is a digital platform that helps young people bridge the gap between intending to vote and actually doing it.
- The Movement Cooperative provides data and technology resources that match the needs of progressive organizations.
- MyVote Project provides voters with relevant policy and candidate information on a nonpartisan basis before they enter the voting booth.
- NALEO Educational Fund facilitates full Latino participation in the American political process, from citizenship to public service.
- National Alliance to End Homelessness is committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities promotes self-determination, integration, and inclusion for all people in the U.S. with developmental disabilities.
- National Coalition for Accessible Voting seeks to make sure that everyone with a disability can vote in private and on their own.
- National Conference on Citizenship (NCoC) is dedicated to strengthening civic life in America.
- National Congress of American Indians is the oldest, largest and most representative American Indian and Alaska Native organization serving the broad interests of tribal governments and communities.
- National Council on Independent Living is the longest-running national cross-disability, grassroots organization run by and for people with disabilities.
- National Council of Jewish Women is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action.
- National Disability Rights Network provides protection and advocacy for individuals with disabilities.
- National Urban Indian Family Coalition elevates a national voice for American Indians and Alaska Natives living in urban communities.
- The National Urban League is dedicated to economic empowerment, equality, and social justice.
- National Voter Education Week helps voters bridge the gap between registering to vote and actually casting a ballot.
- National Voter Registration Day creates broad awareness of voter registration opportunities and reaches tens of thousands of voters who may not register otherwise.
NextGen America identifies, engages, and mobilizes people under the age of 35 who are less likely to vote or who are not currently registered to vote.
- Nonprofit VOTE partners with America’s nonprofits to help the people they serve participate and vote.
- NYU Democracy Project seeks to increase voter engagement.
- Patient Voting is a non-partisan effort to heighten awareness of patients’ rights and increase voter turnout.
- People Demanding Action is helping to evolve a grassroots movement to rebuild American democracy, freedom, peace and justice.
- People For the American Way Foundation promotes the values and ideals that sustain a free and diverse society, to safeguard the constitutional principles that undergird American democracy.
- Poder Latinx provides a range of services and information, including voter registration assistance, focused on the Latinx community.
- Public Citizen is a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization that champions the public interest in the halls of power.
- Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world.
- Rideshare2Vote Aware is a nonpartisan nonprofit that focuses on civic engagement and voter turnout by offering free rides to the polls.
- RISE educates and empowers the sports community to eliminate racial discrimination, champion social justice and improve race relations.
- Rock the Vote is the largest nonpartisan, non-profit organization in the United States driving young people to the polls.
- South Asians for America is a national, grassroots organization dedicated to the education, advocacy, engagement, and mobilization of the South Asian Democratic community in the US.
Students Learn Students Vote (SLSV) Coalition is the largest nonpartisan network in the U.S. dedicated to increasing college student voter participation.
- Student PIRGs helps students to get organized, mobilized and energized so they can continue to be on the cutting edge of positive change.
- The Civics Center is dedicated to building the foundations of high school civic engagement and to increase youth voter registration and participation through education, research, advocacy, and volunteer organizing.
- The Plain Language Group makes written information easy to understand.
Transformative Justice Coalition seeks to be a catalyst for changes that bring about justice and equality.
- TurboVote provides you with the information you need to vote with confidence.
- United We Dream is the largest immigrant youth-led community in the country.
- U.S. Vote Foundation and its Overseas Vote initiative offer a comprehensive range of services to help voters navigate today’s complicated landscape of US voting regulations.
- Visit.org connects nonprofit organizations with socially minded companies that want to make a difference.
- VoteAmerica provides access to trusted election information, open platform technology, and education programs.
- Vote.org uses technology to simplify political engagement, increase voter turnout, and strengthen American democracy.
- Vot-ER is a nonpartisan nonprofit organization that envisions a more inclusive American democracy that includes patients.
- Vote Early Day focuses on helping every voter know how, where, and when they can vote early.
- Voter Participation Center helps Americans register to vote and mobilizes the rising American electorate.
- When We All Vote aims to increase participation in every election through voter registration.
- We Vote. We Count. provides a digital platform for voters to share their stories of interference with their voting rights at the polls, difficulties registering to vote and other barriers to voting.
- Youth Movement Against Alzheimer’s is committed to changing the perception of Alzheimer’s Disease.
YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
National Collaborating Organizations
- Advancement Project
- Alliance for Youth Action
- America Votes
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Athletes for Impact
- The Civil Rights Center
- Institute for Asian Pacific American Leadership and Advancement
- Movement Voter Project
- National Voter Corps
- State Voices
- Student Debt Crisis
- Unite Here!
- United Steelworkers International
- Way to Win