If you are a registered voter and do not have a photo ID that is acceptable for voting, you are eligible to receive an Alabama Photo Voter ID.
You must provide the following information to obtain your free ID from the state. All of this information can be contained in one document:
- A photo identification document OR a non-photo identification document is acceptable if it contains your full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing your date of birth
- Documentation showing that you registered to vote in Alabama (can be electronically verified by the processing office)
- Documentation showing your name and the address from your voter registration record (can be electronically verified by the processing office)
You can use documents like your birth certificate, marriage certificate, Medicaid or Medicare document, official school record or transcript, Certificate of Citizenship, or hospital record.
VoteRiders can give you free help to get the documents you need. Get help now!
Alabama Secretary of State web resources:
- “How to Get a Free Photo Voter ID Card”
- List of locations where you can get your Alabama Photo Voter ID.