The state of Missouri and all fee offices shall provide one nondriver’s license at no cost if you are an otherwise qualified voter who does not already possess such identification and you want the identification for voting.
The state of Missouri and its agencies shall provide one copy of each of the following, free of charge, if you need them to obtain a form of personal photo identification described above in order to vote:
- birth certificate
- marriage license or certificate
- divorce decree
- certificate of decree of adoption
- court order changing your name
- Social Security card reflecting an updated name
- Naturalization papers or other documents from the United States Department of State proving citizenship
If you are seeking one of the above documents in order to obtain a form of personal photo identification for voting, you may request the secretary of state to help acquire such documents.
The secretary of state shall pay any fees charged by another state or its agencies, or any court of competent jurisdiction in this state or any other state, or the federal government or its agencies, in order to obtain any of the above documents from such state or the federal government.