To be qualified to vote absentee, you must be:
- Absent from your voting jurisdiction on Election Day
- Incapacitated or confined due to illness or physical disability
- Primarily responsible for the physical care or an incapacitated or confined person
- Restricted by religious belief or practice
- Employed by an election authority at a location other than your polling place
- Incarcerated but have retained all voting qualifications
- A certified participant in address confidentiality program because of safety concerns
DUE TO COVID-19: For the 2020 general election, you have contracted or are in an at-risk category for contracting or transmitting COVID-19.
The rules for voting absentee or by mail in Missouri during the coronavirus pandemic are complex and vary depending on the excuse that the voter uses. Use this helpful document (PDF) to find the information you need to cast your ballot.