Yes, both absentee ballot and mail-in ballot requests require one of the following:
- Pennsylvania Driver’s License or PennDOT photo ID number
- Otherwise, last 4 digits of your Social Security number
If you have neither of the above, check the box titled “I do not have a PA driver’s license or a PennDOT ID card or a Social Security number” in the Identification section.
If this option is selected, you must enclose a photocopy of an acceptable photo ID that shows your NAME, your PHOTO, and an EXPIRATION DATE that is CURRENT (unless noted otherwise). Some examples:
- US Passport
- US Military ID (active duty and retired military ID may designate an expiration date that is indefinite).
- Military dependents’ ID must contain a current expiration date.
- Employee photo identification issued by United States government, Pennsylvania state government, Pennsylvania county government, or Pennsylvania Municipal government.
- Photo identification issued by an accredited Pennsylvania public or private post-high school institution
- Photo identification issued by a Pennsylvania care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences and personal care homes
Some voters are exempt from these requirements, including:
- UOCAVA Voters
- Voters with a disability
- Voters over 65 years old and affected by the Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act
If you need a copy and don’t have the means to print one: Get free help printing a copy of your ID