Exception 1. Signed, Sworn Statement by an Adult who has Known You for At Least 6 Months
You do not have to show an ID to vote if you are accompanied by an adult who:
- Has known you for at least 6 months;
- Shows a photo ID with his or her name and address; and
- Signs an affidavit at the polling place confirming your identity.
Exception 2: A Poll Worker Knows You
You do not have to show ID to vote if a poll worker has known you for at least 6 months. No additional affidavit or ID is required.
Exception 3: Residents of State Care Facilities
Residents of licensed WV state care facilities do not have to show ID to vote if:
- You are a resident of the care facility;
- The care facility is a polling place; and
- The resident’s polling place is located at the care facility.
Get in touch with VoteRiders if you have questions or need free help securing ID.